You will be part of the Advanced Analytics Center of Expertise, a centralized team of data scientists that is supporting different business units within the company. You will transform data into actionable insights that drive operational processes or influence strategic decisions. Use cases cover various domains such as predictive maintenance, network optimization, customer relationship management and natural language processing.
A Typical Week
- Translate business requests into data requirements, extract the required structured and unstructured data from the client's data lake, data warehouse and other data sources (e.g. operational systems) and prepare large-scale datasets for modelling.
- Identify high-value use cases through data exploration and visualization.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive models using state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical methods.
- Pilot prototypes in operational processes to demonstrate their value.
- Deploy prototypes to production, with support of IT, to obtain reliable, scalable systems.
- Present your results in a clear manner and discuss them with multifunctional project teams.
- Work in close collaboration with business experts (for requirement gathering, data source identification, data understanding, process understanding, feature engineering, result validation, etc.), with IT (e.g. for ETL, deployment to production, etc.) and with other data scientists in the team for knowledge sharing.
- B2 level of English minimum. Any knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a strong asset.
- You hold a PhD or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- You have strong knowledge of state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical methods. Expertise on NLP and/or deep learning is a plus.
- You have hands-on experience with data science and big data technologies such as Python, Spark, Hadoop and SQL. Experience with software engineering and/or real-time streaming is a plus
- You have 2+ years of relevant work experience with the end-to-end data science project life cycle, including: - Translating business requests into data requirements. - Identifying high-value use cases through data exploration and visualization. - Developing machine learning solutions (incl. feature engineering, model fitting, etc.). - Deploying scalable machine learning applications to production. - You are a team player with strong communication and presentation skills.
- You are result-oriented and proficient in transforming data into actionable insights that create business value.
- You are able to manage data science projects in an autonomous way and to drive collaboration with domain experts, data engineers and data scientists.
- Knowledge in the field of telecommunications is a plus.
MA + 2 years of experience minimum.
KeywordsPython Spark Hadoop SQL Machine Learning NLP Deep Learning
Not for you? Share this job or recommend someone you know and earn €750.